Are you interested in restoring a pond or a ‘ghost pond’ on your land?
If you are, there are a number of ways that the partners of the Norfolk Ponds Project can help you.
We provide initial advice and guidance via email and through visits where possible. We also provide workshops on pond restorations and the science behind it from UCL research. To get started on your pond restoration journey fill in our expression of interest form to tell us what you need.
Help with funding through the Natural England District Level Licensing Scheme
If your pond is situated in an area suitable for Great Crested Newts, your pond restoration may be eligible for funding through the Natural England District Level Licensing scheme. There are other criteria based on the condition of the pond but this is the first step.
Find out if your pond is in a DLL area
- Go to the Magic Map website
- Type in your post code or place in the top box to zoom in
- Find the Table of Contents on the left of the screen
- Scroll down to Land Based Schemes and click on the + symbol to the left
- Scroll down and tick the box for Great Crested Newts Strategic Opportunity Areas (England)
If the point where your pond lies is covered by green or purple then it is in an area that is covered by the DLL scheme. The next step is to fill out our expression of interest form and let us know.